Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall in North Dakota

There are several things I love about fall in North Dakota, the crisp air, homecoming at the highschool, the sound of the leaves rustling across the sidewalks and dancing in the wirlwinds, big pots of soups and stews simmering on the stove, Halloween and Thanksgiving! But I gotta say my absolute favorite thing about fall is the sound of the geese honking overhead as they fly in their V patterns, returning to warmer grounds. It reminds me of my mom. She so loved to sit on their deck and watch them leave each fall. I miss her so and it makes me giggle to think that honking geese bring her to mind. It would have made her giggle too! Yep, definately my favorite time of year!

1 comment:

  1. Patti~ I love fall too...and I see you are getting light snow right now, seems you guys skipped fall and went straight to winter!

    ReplyDelete