Friday, November 5, 2010

Not a bird-brained challenge!

The gals over at Fantabulous Cricut challenged us to create a project using something having to do with a bird ! I love their Monday challenges, as it gets me inspired to get in my scrap room and actually make something.  I recently got the Thanksgiving Seasonal cartridge and have been dying to us it.  This cartridge is so pretty and has some beautiful cuts on it. 


Fall is my favorite time of the year.  The colors are so rich and virbant! Don't you just love this turkey? The salutation is actually cut out of the orange paper so the black background shows through. The base of the card is from a Debbie Mumm Holiday Stack from s couple of years back. I used Core'dinations Color Core cardstock for the balance of the cuts and let me tell you, it "cuts like buttah".  I have always been a Bazzill girl but  this paper has definately opened my horizons.


I finished the inside of this card with a pretty little vine cut.  I love it when the inside of cards are decorated too! 

9 comments:

  1. I love the turkey in the green. It's beautiful. I also love the vine cut on the inside. Gives it a perfect touch.

    Gorgeous!

    Thank you for playing along in the FCCB challenge this week. Good luck.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I really love how you cut the sentiment out of the background paper to allow the black layer to come through. I may have to use the sometime. Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Thanks for joining Challenge Me Monday at FCCB :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very elegant card. Love the heading and the swirl on the turkey.
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute love the swirls and the extra touch on the inside. Thanks for playing along with us at the fccb! scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice card.....

    Thanks for being Fantabulous this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! I love the little extra you added inside as well.
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your combination of cuts. Great imagination and imagery. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete