It took my daughter and I five hours to complete but remember we had to cut, ink and glitter everything, not to mention finding just the right papers for the project! My version is not as big as the Stampin' Up! version as I was limited to 12 inch paper, but I think we nailed it!
We used an assortment of papers, ranger distress ink (lots) and sticklers (awhole bottle). The base is an eleven and a half inch circle. I cut three, one out of the paper you see, one out of chipboard and one out of black card stock, then glued them all together and used a black Sharpie to color in the edges. I glued half of a styrofoam ball to the center then glued long triangles of paper to it to create the "pointy" top part of the hat. Once the top was complete we Stickled all along the spiderwebs on the paper. The frills are three 2.5 by 12 inch strips of card stock "frilled" every 1/4 inch, glued end to end, inked, curled and wrapped twice around the top and secured. We wrapped a ribbon around the frills and secured.
The leaves are cut with the cricut explore from various cartridges, veined with an embossing stylus, crinkled and inked. Sarah did an amazing job on the leaves. They are strung together on orange distressed bakers twine and wound around the base of the hat. We glued a few leaves at strategic points to secure.
The stamp set is from Stampin' up! , cut the orange tag and the spider web on my Explore. I jujjed it up with black and orange banned tabs, crystal effects, and black rhinestones. The finishing touch is the spider charm dangling from the point of the hat!
The finished piece stands just under a foot tall and will be a wonderful addition to my daughters Halloween decorations. Can't wait to get my kit from Stampin' Up! To make one for myself!