Saturday, February 7, 2009

Reminders

For years I have been trying to convince my husband to move from our too small country home to a larger house in town. I look at every house that I think will work for our family and make myself miserable for weeks after when he won't go and look at it with me. He always says the same thing, "now is not the time". The truth of the matter is he loves this place and would probably be miserable in town.

I found the perfect house last Wednesday, and of course I get the same reply "not the right time" and spent a fitfull, sleepless night wishing for that house. I know in my heart that he is right, the housing market is just crazy here due to an oil boom in the area, but I still really want that house.

Thursday morning I get to work and am going through my emails deleting the various junk emails but stop and open one that I normally would have deleted. It was a slide show supposedly on words of wisdom from the Dalai Lama. One slide keeps coming back to me. On it it said:

Remember, not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.

This simple statement reminds me that I need to be thankful for what I have. My dear husband takes such good care of me and loves me unconditionally, I have three wonderful children, a cozy little home with room to build, dear friends both near and far and freedom. I live a pretty worry-free life, thanks to my husband and the grace of God. I am very lucky indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment