Saturday, August 14, 2010

Basic Grey Origins ~ So Earthy!

When I opened up this Basic Grey~Origins~ 11pc Scrapbook Paper Kit from Lil' Lamb's Boutique, all I could think of was earth & vegetables. Anyone that knows me, knows that I don't garden, but I know someone that does! My favorite thing to come out of my mother-in-laws garden is her pickles. Everyone who eats them loves them, so cold and crunchy and delicious. My children are no exception and their addiction to grandma's pickles started early.


This is a pretty simple layout, but this beautiful paper carrries it perfectly! I think the thing that I adores about Basic Grey is the slightly distressed look of alll of their papers. It makes you want to grab your ink pads and go a little nuts!


As you you all know, I love my Cricut, but I am in love with my Gypsy!  I did not have a pickle on any of the cartridges that I own, so I created one of my own using George and Basic shapes. This pickle is made with a series of circles and ovals all welded together and cut twice. I clipped the stem off one and ran it through the Cuttlebug for texture. It is pop dotted for more texture. I used the Lyrical Letters cartridge for the title.


My husband loved to give the children rides on the garden tractor. ( I've got pictures of each ones first ride). How perfect is this paper for these pictures?


The tractor is cut from the Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge cut three times and trimmed and layered to resemble the tractor in the picures. The accents under the cream colored journaling tag are just punched circles from bits left over from the first layout. I think the thing that ties everything together with Basic Grey paper is taking the extra step of inking all cut edges with a little Time Holtz Walnut Ink!

No comments:

Post a Comment